Belgian Ergonomics Society (BES)
Ernest Blerotstraat 1
Website : http://www.besweb.be/
Alain Piette (President and IEA Council Member)
European Ergonomist at the Federal Public Service
Employment, Labour and Social dialogue
Marianne De Troyer (Secretary)
Caroline Pirotte (Treasurer)
European Ergonomist at Mensura
The Belgian Ergonomist Society (BES) has existed for more than 30 years.
Most Belgium ergonomists are working in external OSH prevention services (consultancies).
The BES is managed at the “national” level. The election occurs each 3 Years. Since 22 March 2018, there has been no more separation between French and Dutch members. There is now only one national committee. The committee meets regularly to organize several activities (study days, company visits, conferences, continuing training).
The BES is also working in collaboration with many national and international organizations.
1. BES has paid the registration fee for 10 BES members and so will be well present at the IEA 2018 congress.
2. Success of our BES national study day on 22 March 2018 concerning “cobots and exoskeleton”
3. Success of a national study day concerning noise on 1 June 2018 organized by BES, BSOH (Belgian Society Occupational Health) and the Belgian ministry of Labour (SPF Emploi)
4. Collaboration with IEA, FEES, CREE, ETUI in the organization of the international conference: WORKERS AND CREATIVITY: How to improve working conditions by participative methods? , 26-27 June 2017 Brussels
• The conference focuses on the issues of creativity related to the improvement of the working conditions by workers and worker representatives’ participation.
5. We promote the ergonomic vision for the students. BES proposes for the students ergonomist to present their these. It’s a good opportunity for the participants to improve their knowledge on specific topics, and for student to have a contact with ergonomists, mainly employed by OSH services.