Relationship with United Nations organisations
The IEA maintains official Non-State Actor status with the World Health Organization (WHO) and is a registered NGO of the International Labour Organization (ILO).
Summary of formal relationships with other world bodies:
The IEA cooperates with other international bodies with common or similar goals. In some cases, Memoranda of Understanding have been established to facilitate collaboration, mutual support, information exchange, and joint activities.
- International Commission on Occupational Health (ICOH) – MOU
- International Standards Organization (ISO) – Category A Liaison with ISO/TC159 – “Ergonomics”
- International Occupational Hygienists Association (IOHA) – MOU
- The International Society for Quality in Health Care (ISQua) – MOU
- Foundation for Professional Ergonomics – MOU
- International Council on Systems Engineering (INCOSE) – MOU
- IISE Applied Ergonomics Society – MOU