Experts, specialists and practitioners in Human Factors & Ergonomics as well as in Occupational Safety and Health must invent, develop, study and apply new solutions to improve safety, health, well-being and productivity in work systems. While Human Factors & Ergonomics are eternally essential elements of Occupational Safety and Health, the challenges significantly transform with technological development.
Under current challenges in the Artificial Intelligence-powered virtual digital era, the Safety and Health Technical Committee of the International Ergonomics Association advocates the solutions of the dynamic human-task fit in the work setting, including process and organisational innovations, automation, instrumentations, software and mobile applications.
|Gyula Szabó, Chair
Hungarian Ergonomics Society / Federation of European Ergonomics Societies; Communication & Promotion Committee
|Maria – Elena Boatca, Secretary
Ergonomics and Workplace Management Society in Romania (ErgoWork)
Contact Gyula Szabó for more information or to join this Technical Committee. Interested people are very welcome.
- Raluca Iordache
- Tanya Morose
- Nickel, Peter
- Michael Wichtl
- Aleksandar Zunjic
- To document theories and methods in Safety and Health and to disseminate information for ergonomic design purposes.
- To coordinate research and practices in Safety and Health
- To participate in and organise collaborative events for researchers and practitioners in academia and industry to share Safety and Health solutions.
- Monthly meeting – every 3rd Thursday at 4 PM CET
- We build a collaborative forum for professionals at occupational health and safety authorities to share ergonomic knowledge and best practices. e.g. LinkedIn group
- We work with institutional partners with the same interests to accomplish defined project objectives. E.g. ISSA, ISO
- We organise engaging webinars on leading-edge case studies for the broad public to promote the added value of Ergonomics and Human Factors in workplaces.
- We organise sessions and a track at IEA triennial conferences and co-organise other conferences.
- Long term, we organise conferences and publish a journal.
- European Machinery Directive webinar with FEES – Month of Ergonomics 2022 and YouTube.
- Webinar with Canadian Ergonomics Association
- Webinar on the OSH and HFE relation
- Reaching out to OSH+HFE professionals
- Building momentum for IEA 2024 triennial conference
- Improving the recognition of HFE profession as an OSH specialisation
- ISO 4500x Ergonomics Management System