Mark your calendar for a free webinar that will provide answers on how to get certified and information on how certification systems around the world are linked via the IEA endorsement system. Experts from certification bodies in New Zealand, Europe, Brazil, South Africa, and the USA will explain their procedures and requirements. The webinar will be held on 15 October 2021 from 18:00 to 19:30 UTC. Register here: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_26A_pUYwRLuWgEKVKn-K1Q
The IEA executive is often asked about professional certification, and this webinar will provide answers on how to get certified and how certification systems around the world are linked via the IEA endorsement system.
IEA does not directly certify people itself, but it has a network of certification bodies that have been established by its members—the federated societies that make up the IEA. At present there are seven IEA-endorsed systems, and two more are under review for endorsement. These are spread over six continents and vary considerably in their processes and individual requirements, although they all require the minimum standards set by IEA for professional-level certification. The titles that the professional HFE specialists hold also vary according to the region, and in one case, also the application domain of the professionals. In order to get IEA endorsement these bodies had to meet criteria set by the IEA and based on the International Standard ISO/IEC 17024:2012 Conformity assessment – General requirements for bodies operating certification of persons. These will be explained in the webinar, along with the procedure for IEA endorsement of a certification body. This information will be useful for societies who are considering setting up a certification system or applying for IEA endorsement.
The webinar will include presentations from several certification bodies, each explaining their own procedures and requirements, so that people who are interested in becoming professionally certified will get information on how to proceed and meet some of the people involved in processing the applications. It will give an idea not only of the diversity of the profession around the world but also the aspects that are common to all HFE professionals.
Duration: 90 mins
Date and time: 15 October 2021 – 18:00-19:30 UTC
Program chairs: Dr. Maggie Graf, Eur.Erg., IEA Vice President/Secretary General; Former Chair of Certification Sub-Committee, and Carol Stuart-Buttle, CPE, Executive Director, Board of Certification in Professional Ergonomics (BCPE)
Introduction and Presentation: Maggie Graf
- Carol Stuart-Buttle, CPE, Webinar Co-chair; Executive Director, Board of Certification in Professional Ergonomics (BCPE), USA
- Marion Edwin, CNZHFE, Chair, IEA Certification Sub-Committee; Former Chairperson of New Zealand Human Factors and Ergonomics Society and Convenor of the Professional Affairs Board; Human Factors/Ergonomics Lead, Worksafe New Zealand
- Bernard Dugué, Eur.Erg., President of Centre for Registration of European Ergonomists (CREE); teacher and researcher at University of Bordeaux, France
- Andrew Thatcher, Chair, Certification Board, Ergonomics Society of South Africa (ESSA); Professor and Chair of Industrial/Organisational Psychology, University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa
- Márcio Alves Marçal, Professor, Federal University of Jequitinhonha and Mucuri Valleys (UFVJM), Sistema Brasileiro de Certificação Ergonomista (SisCEB), Brazil
The webinar will conclude with questions from the audience and answers from the panelists.